We decided that we would put a stop to this, and armed with our clipboards went down to the bottom field to assess the situation, make plans for an alternative plot, and to think about other animals that might be affected. Here are some photos.
|The owl nest at the top of one of the trees.|
|The girls are angry to find that one of the trees has already been chopped down!|
|Maybe a family of hedgehogs lives in here. they'd be homeless too!|
|We start to make plans about where else the shed could be placed.|
|We check out our nature area for other habitats that might be disturbed by the work.|
|Deep in thought about alternative plans.|
|Finalising our plans on our outdoor stage.|
- Back in the classroom we decided that the shed could be built on a flat piece of grass, close to the steps, and away from the wildlife area, pond, stage and trees.
- We did some shared writing and wrote a letter to Mrs Cotterill.
- We decided we would ask everyone in the school to sign our letter.
- We decided we would spread the word on our blog to get world wide support.
- We decided to do a survey on our blog.